Tuesday, April 19, 2005

decisions, decisions...

i really should be stressed out, but I am not: the Lord is good. As I reflect back upon the last few months, God has been my guide (my sherpa, if you will!), my comforter, my teacher, my provider, and my everything.....At the Biblical Counseling Centre in Chicago, I learned so much about being true to his Word, and to worshipping Him before all the other things that so easily become idols in my life: acceptance, security, popularity, pleasure, and....politics!!!.....Lord, may I learn to seek you first and listen to other's perspectives and always assume that there is something to be learned from the other side...left-wing, right-wing - does it all really matter how we label ourselves?? Sometimes I feel like the most liberal amongst conservatives, and sometimes I feel like the most conservative amongst liberals....I see the perspective of both sides (most recently I've discovered that not all conservatives are ignorant, money-grubbing, self-righteousness pharisees), and you know what? I think it is more important to focus on people, and on the type of person I am, than political ideals....sometimes these intertwine, i know, and when it does I will seek to be a positive voice, standing up for the things and values that I believe are right..... but mostly, i am just really sick of the whole debate - i can and will be friends with people regardless of their political affiliation....for i am neither liberal nor conservative, I am a struggling child of the Father trying to figure out what He wants me to do with what i know, with what i have, and with the time he's allotted me....may I always seek to have a humble heart and listen more than i express my opinion.

as for the decisions....Barrie or Kingston for the summer? There are way too many relationships that I am not ready to say goodbye to in Kingston....all the people at Next church have become a family to me, and this summer seems like the last opportunity I will ever have to live in Kingston and be a part of these people's lives....yet there are so many people that I love and miss at home, too....despite the "drama" of last summer, t and j are dear to me, along with my family and all the people at Harvest and Bethel....i love and miss you guys....and if I am going to Dubai for the next two years - I will not see them for a while either...

despite it all, God will use me and be with me wherever I go, of that I am sure....I feel peace knowing that He will make the best out of any decision I make, and it will all work for good in the end....I have an interview at the Lonestar (a hugely popular and ridiculously busy patio-restaurant down-town kingston) today so however that goes I will take as a sign to stay in k-town or go home....

to anybody who has comforted me, supported me, taught me, and laughed with (or even at) me....I love you dearly and am praying for you....!

love Jen

No comments: