Tuesday, December 26, 2006

i loved this christmas

it all went so fast. on december 24th, 2006, 18 of us, armed with bagfulls of food, including my own homemade eggnog (a drink totally unheard of here), candy canes (again, sooooo difficult to find and thus totally appreciated), and everything needed for goodies, snacks and a full-course omelette breakfast, gifts, stockings, pillows, blankets, and games, cabbed it up to a beautiful dalmagi apartment (in the "posh" side of Busan) to have a sleepover. we laughed, we danced, we did secret santas, played dutch blitz, poker, and bible trivia (haha), built puzzles (ok they did - i have no patience for those horridly intricate things), took pictures, exchanged gifts, and played with our new toy guns and numchucks (ok that was the boys.) i was able to give my girls the photo albums that i made for them - wrapped in korean rice paper and completed with a hand-carved coaster i glued on top - and filled with memories from this year -numerous parties, nights out, norae-bongs (kareokee rooms), paintball, small group, exploring, and just hanging out and laughing and talking and playing. then we had a huge breakfast, napped, and went out for indian food (not exactly a chrismtas tradition but delicious enough for me!) the night was topped off by yet another (different) party in dalmagi. good times had by all. it was a phenomenal way to end my year here, and it made me really excited to come back again to everyone in March.
Though i AM super excited to come home!! 4 days!!

see more pics here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was SO fun! I didn't want to tell my family how much fun I had, how I barely even missed them.... It was definitely a great Christmas.

Liz said...

jen, let's go to india. seriously. wait, you do remember that conversation, right? ;)

aubrey, i hope your mother doesn't read the comments on jen's blog.

Anonymous said...

I just want to let everyone though I missed you all even during Christmas and thinking about you all. I am very happy even though I wasn't with you, I still had a great Christmas. Jen thank you so much for the gift. It is actually the perfect gift for me this year. Thank you and now Happy New Year.