Saturday, June 11, 2005

a closed door

so i didn't get the job in the UAE...i called the guy last week and he said that they received some devastating news from the school - apparently they are switching to a British curriculum and are now hiring only British ex-patriates to teach there. ah well, though, it wasn't meant to be. i'm always excited when there is an obvious block in my plans like this because i know that God has something better....what, though? don't know right now. i'm sending out my ESL resume to places in the UAE right now (Dubai, i think) and all over rural Taiwan. The guy who recommended me for hire said that he would for sure hire me for a Canadian language institute in Seoul, S. Korea, but I'm not sure I want to live there...when i was there last year for a bit on the way home from Nepal, i remember not liking the concrete-jungle-ness of it....i need trees, and water, and preferably, mountains and dirt roads....so anyways, we'll see. keep me in your prayers, pray for wisdom and clarity of mind to make a healthy decision that will grow me and that i will love...

love you all,

J.

No comments: