Monday, March 14, 2005

OC stands for obsessive compulsive

wow.....long time no blog....and i have to confess, people....I've found a new love. yes, its true folks, I've been unable to blog because I have recently (ok not this weekend but last) discovered the long lost art of...... knitting. K, seriously kids - don't laugh - but I'm obsessed!!!! Even now, as my hands are typing this, they long, they YEARN even, to be knitting. I don't know really how it happend, it just, sort of....happened. It all started when I went to Borders with my brother and his fam to go to a Bethany Dillan concert (k, WHO books a show in a freakin BOOKstore?) and I've never really heard of her so I start to wander and come across this wicked book called "Stich n' Bitch." The title made me laugh because my next door neighbour abi and I haved joked about starting a Stich n' Bitch with our friends - its where people get together and knit or work on their other projects and eat food and have a good ol' girly time (yes, Davide, you can come too - I know you want to :) ). So anyways, I bought the book and it turned out to be the coolest book in the world - full of step by step instructions and cool articles and awesome patterns - for like, wristbands and cell phone holders and bikinis and bandanas and stuff....so the next day I got out my brother's yarn and needles (yeah, he went through his knitting phase in highschool - yes, you can laugh at him), and learned how to make all these patterns and then the other day I went and bought my own yarn and needles and I haven't been able to get enough of it! I've already made a bandana and a cool striped camera case holder and now I'm making a surprise for a friend (hmmmm.....I bet you're all hoping its YOU, aren't you?? Well, you'll just have to wait and see!!!! Eeeeeeeehahahahhahahah!!! (k that's a wicked witch laugh.)

yeah. so besides that, I was REALLY sad to leave the Biblical Counseling Center on Friday....I absolutely LOVED it there and will miss everyone so much - I love you Don!! - (I'm still in Chicago until Wednesday though and will first going to Barrie and will stay there till sunday and then be coming back to k-town on sunday). anyways, God taught me soooooo much by being at the center and and feel like a new person but I will have to explain that in more detail later.....cuz, like, I'm jonesin' for some knitting right now.....

lates!
-J

No comments: