Thursday, February 24, 2005

the lyon's cottage


pottery and the lyon's cottage
Originally uploaded by hollograms.
ok, this is going back a few weekends...this is me up at the lyon's cottage (let's see - abi, who is standing next to me in this pic, is my next door neighbout and pottery instructor, and her mother is Sue, who is a professional potter as well. Her father is David, who teaches at the invisible college and is the man who I've discussd the globalization issues with. The whole family goes to Next Church, where I attend. Anyways, it was a GREAT day of skating and enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. On the way back we had a great discussion about the future of the Invisible College (David is thinking of starting a Christian Studies College in Kingston), and also, we discussed the possiblity of having a coffee house at Next to raise awareness of Fair Trade Coffee (and also raise money so we can serve fair trade at Next) which I might be involved with when I get back to K-town. What a great family - I admire their principles so much, and the way they actually live them out is refreshing.

No comments: